Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2020

The Best Catfish


My catfish recipe is fairly simple, but the real "trick" to the distinct taste is that I soak my catfish fillets in Mike's Hard Lemonade for about an hour before I deep fry them. I also prefer to fry them in canola oil. 

Catfish Fillets (I prefer Blue)

1 cup plain yellow corn meal - not the mix 

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon black pepper

2 teaspoons Tony's Chachere's Original Cajun seasoning

1 bottle Mike's Hard Lemonade

Soak the fillets in the hard lemonade in a gallon sixed freezer bag for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Then drain, and pat the filets dry.

Lightly coat with the dry mixture in another gallon sized plastic bag. 

Deep Fry until the fillets float to the top of the oil and turn golden brown.  


The best catfish - is the one you caught yourself! I caught this 4 pound beautiful Blue at Spadra Park in the early spring of 2020. It was one of those fine days when I had no schedule or known agenda - I was just out running around, and on impulse, decided to wet a hook. I didn't even have a stringer! I ended up wrapping this guy in my jacket to take him home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment